Tuesday 9 December 2008

Tuna Fish

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing fine.
I am currently going through a quite complicated period in my life...

On one hand I am currently struggling to understand what is the meaning of life. Well, but that is no news.
On the other hand I have been able to catch up with some of my hobbies. Not taking photographs but, publishing them! ;P
I also have more time to read so I might be able to start writing more about my opinion on current issues.

Well, I was captured last week by an article in the economist about tuna fish. (don't laugh!)
In the last 2 weeks I saw compulsively Planet Earth and Blue Planet magnificent documentaries, and I believe I have got 2 things out of it. One is a David Attenborough's way of speaking and the other is a renewed sensibility to how Gaia, our living planet is evolving.

I was astonished by reading the following article in the economist talking about the possible disappearance in the next couple of years of one of the Tuna species. One of the most concerning points was some scientists believe that even if the fishing would stop today it might just simply be too late.

It simply seams that the world is not becoming a nicer place for our sons to live on...

Enjoy life.

http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12675910&CFID=34305634&CFTOKEN=84352706

3 comments:

super vanda said...

ena pah! sejas bem aparecido. nem messenger nem nada. agora tb não ligas a isso "da net"... :P

quanto ao texto, isso é tudo mto bonito e tal e preocupante mas nada de extremismos.

Anonymous said...

i suggest we all stop eating fish, and reading the economist...

Unknown said...

hey anonymous , you may be joking but that was one of the best advice u could have given